FAQ About Lock Prices
Frequently asked questions about the costs. Call 0413 120 444 for Emergency Services
How much should you be paying?
As a general rule of thumb for the Locksmith industry, this is a breakdown of charges.
- Service to premises $ XXX (The service call pays for the traveling time to come to your property)
- Labour charge $ XXX (This is the amount of money for the work)
- Parts required $ XXX (The cost of the parts if required)
Because most Locksmith jobs are generally cheap, take for example:
Example of a job & prices
You call a Locksmith to have your bedroom handle lock that needs opening & you also need a key for the lock.
If you call during normal business hours ” which is the cheapest time to call”
- Service to Premises $66
- Unlocking the lock $22
- Recoding the lock $22
Sometimes you might get a total price over the phone & the cost are not explained to the customer over the phone.
FAQ Locksmiths Costs
To Attend your location, the cost is $66.00 & Re-coding the lock is $22 per lock.
A lock with two keyholes, is a double-sided lock.
Standard keys copies are $5
The service call is $66, 1/2 hours labour is $44, we normally give you a fixed price quotation over the phone.
$230 all up, Including Service call out fee, Labour to install, & the Lockwood 001 deadlock. Other locks like deadbolts are less expensive at about $140 to $160 all up.
Common Locks & Prices
There are all kinds of handle locks, the locks range from as little as $20 to $140.
The commercial fire rated heavy duty handle locks are more expensive But are designed to have high volume use every day & last many years longer.
Terms & Conditions
- Quotations will remain valid for a period of 90 days.
- Acceptance of our offer to supply goods and services is strictly by written purchase order and completion and return of the Quotation Acceptance Form signed by an appropriate, authorised staff member for product or services exceeding $1000
- A part payment may be required before commencement of work, as stipulated in the Acceptance Form for for product or services that exceeds $1000
- Full or balance of payment is required at the time the service or products have been installed or within 7 days for all jobs.
- Ownership of the goods will not pass to the customer until full payment is received.
- We reserve the right to remove goods if not paid for by the customer by the due date.
- Where payment is not received by the due date, we will charge 10% of the money owed on a monthly & compounding interest and a monthly late fee of $15 per month.
- After 90 days debt recovery will start & the costs of debt recovery will be added to the debt.